SCHOOL’S OUT! I’m thrilled to be home for the summer – my first free summer in years. My cleaning and organization schedules went out the window during the school year, thus my house is a wreck. The dust bunny militia under my couch is starting to take over my home. Scary!
For starters, I have determined to deep clean one room a day for two weeks (not that I have 14 rooms, but I need some free days for maintaining my sanity. My hope is that I will be able to maintain my home once I get it deep cleaned.
Here’s the plan:
- have three empty laundry baskets available (keepers, donations, and trash)
- line the donations and trash baskets with garbage bags
- go through every closet, drawer, pile, etc and sort stuff
- purge, purge, purge
- clean each space, drawer, cubby hole, etc as I go
- clean drapes
- launder bedding (yes, including the comforter set and blankets)
- move furniture to clean behind and underneath
- dust, vacuum, dust, vacuum
- start at the ceiling and work my way down to the floor
- start at the door and work clockwise around the room
- one room a day, and one room only (heehee The Hunt For Red October reference)
- I will work for no more than two hours each day. If I don’t finish, I will pick up where I left the day before.
With this schedule, I should be able to have our home in tip-top shape in two weeks’ time. Whoo-hoo!